Aircrack is a suite of tools for 802.11a/b/g WEP and WPA cracking. It implements the best known cracking algorithms to recover wireless keys once enough encrypted packets have been gathered. . The suite comprises over a dozen discrete tools, including airodump (an 802.11 packet capture program), aireplay (an 802.11 packet injection program), aircrack (static WEP and WPA-PSK cracking), and airdecap (decrypts WEP/WPA capture files).
- Project Site:
- License Information: GNU GPL
- Download: http://download.aircrack-ng.org/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2.tar.gz
- Control: 19: Secure Network Engineering
- Getting started: http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=getting_started
- Documentation: http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=Main&DokuWiki=762f78ba228d75f7112f482fc5c50eef#documentation
- Installation: http://aircrack-ng.org/install.html
- Tutorials: http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=tutorial
OS/Use Case Applicability:
Linux, The windows version requires you to develop your own DLLs to link aircrack-ng to your wireless card.
- Last Date Validated: Friday, 29 May 2015