AIDE (Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment) is a file and directory integrity checker.
It creates a database from the regular expression rules that it finds from the config file(s). Once this database is initialized it can be used to verify the integrity of the files. It has several message digest algorithms that are used to check the integrity of the file. All of the usual file attributes can also be checked for inconsistencies. It can read databases from older or newer versions. See the manual pages within the distribution for further info.
- License Information: GPL
- Control: 3: Secure Configurations for Hardware and Software on Mobile Devices, Laptops, Workstations, and Servers
AIDE is included in the following distributions. Please use the corresponding command to install AIDE.
- Debian GNU/Linux | Ubuntu: apt-get install aide or aptitude install aide
- Gentoo: emerge aide
- MacPorts: port install aide
- FreeBSD: pkg_add -r aide
- Red Hat | CentOS | Fedora: yum install aide
- openSUSE: zypper install aide
Manual page: http://aide.sourceforge.net/stable/manual.html
OS/Use Case Applicability:
Runs in *UX, no Windows version
7/30/2015 - Server offline
- Last Date Validated: Thursday, 30 July 2015