Our local mission
InfraGard is designed to address the need for private and public-sector information-sharing mechanisms at both the national and local levels. Its objectives are:
- Provide members a forum for education and training on infrastructure vulnerabilities and protection measures
- Provide members prompt, value-added threat advisories, alerts, and warnings
- Insure the protection of computer intrusion/threat data shared among InfraGard members, FBI Field Offices, and the National Infrastructure Coordinating Center (NICC) through compliance with proprietary, legal, and security requirements
- Increase the quantity and quality of infrastructure intrusion/threat reports provided to local FBI Field Offices (for investigation and follow-up) and the NICC (for national-level analysis)
- Increase interaction and information sharing among InfraGard members, their associated local FBI Field Offices, and the NICC, on infrastructure threats, vulnerabilities, and interdependencies.
It is our goal to improve and extend information sharing between private industry and the government, particularly the FBI, when it comes to critical national infrastructures.