Frequently Asked Questions
- Announcements and website postings from organizations directly related to Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Changing your email address for InfraGard correspondence
- Membership Status
Announcements and website postings from organizations directly related to Critical Infrastructure Protection
In order to be fair to our members we have established the following rules regarding announcements and posting of information on our website. It is our policy to post events on our event calendar in lieu of email notification. Only events sponsored directly by the Houston InfraGard chapter will be considered for email distribution. We appreciate your understanding. We will announce an event as time permits during our scheduled meetings. We require a minimum 60 day notice prior to announcement. No postings will be made for events more than 90 days in the future.
We must have all information at time of posting:
- Name of event
- Sponsoring organization
- Specific location
- Phone number (sponsoring organization) to call with questions
Local organizations that have monthly or quarterly meetings should advise us of the specific dates and include the url to the site describing the activity. All requests for announcements and postings should only be directed to the VP Email. Multiple requests for the same announcements/postings made to additional officers/members will result in no action being taken.
Changing your email address:
To change your email address for InfraGard correspondence, please use the following process:
Contact InfraGard Technical Support 24x7
This is the only method to get the email changed. No one in the Houston IMA chapter or the FBI Coordinator has access to make the change.
Membership is segmented into several categories:
1. Active – These members have logged into the new IGN, which came online in the spring of 2013, and are able to freely log in without any account issues. Active members number approximately 22,000 at present.
2. Idle – Members in this category have not logged into the IGN in the last 91-180 days. At this mark, the user’s password lapses and login is not possible without an automated password reset or a call to the help desk for password reset assistance.
3. Locked – Members who attempt to login three times without success will become locked out. The automated password reset may be used or the help desk called for reset assist.
4. Dormant – Those who have not logged in for more than 181 days are required to call the help desk for login assistance.
5. Rescinded – These members fall into 3 categories:
a. They have been removed for cause and will not be allowed to reapply to InfraGard
b. They personally requested removal from InfraGard but can reapply
c. They have not signed into the IGN for 366 days and will be required to reapply to InfraGard.